Well, when my new KDL32V5500 arrived I was genuinely enthralled with its appearance. It was very easy to set up on its stand (a one-person job but safer with two), and the actual digital setup was a breeze, with its on-screen instructions making the instruction booklet not really needed. It really is that easy to get it going - a clear advantage for the elderly, or anyone really.
So, it looks great - but about its features? Well, it has 4 HDMI inputs - way more than I need - which means you can link it to your DVD Player, Playstation 3, SKY+ HD Box AND something else. It can even connect to a Local Area Network - basically, it can connect to the internet and you can recieve several services form it via Applicast TM, Sony''s trademark online service for the TV. Excellent. It even has a USB input, so you can plug in your memory stick, and view pictures on it and even play music in a wide variety of formats, although I have only tried MP3. Hitched up to a separate 5.1 home theatre system, it sounds great.
Now, the only ''problem'' I have had with this TV is that I still use an antenna for recieving my channels, and it''s an old antenna, and that is why my picture quality isn''t great. To get the best out of this TV, hitch it up to a SKY Box, Virgin Media Box for cable users, OR, purchase a new, more expensive Digital aerial which can recieve channel frequencies in far better frequency. The only real issue which I find a little annoying is its low Hz technology - it just means that fast-paced action is not as sharp as real footy or cinema fans might like. For me though, it is absolutely fine, and if you want quicker Frames Per Second, go for the W-Series of this TV, a bit more expensive but entirely depends on personal choice and viewing preference. Apart from this little haggle, it has everything I could possibly ask for in a TV, and a lot more. My advice is to go for it if you''re still undecided - it is Full HD, so you don''t need a separate digital box to recieve Freeview. Perfect.
So, it looks great - but about its features? Well, it has 4 HDMI inputs - way more than I need - which means you can link it to your DVD Player, Playstation 3, SKY+ HD Box AND something else. It can even connect to a Local Area Network - basically, it can connect to the internet and you can recieve several services form it via Applicast TM, Sony''s trademark online service for the TV. Excellent. It even has a USB input, so you can plug in your memory stick, and view pictures on it and even play music in a wide variety of formats, although I have only tried MP3. Hitched up to a separate 5.1 home theatre system, it sounds great.
Now, the only ''problem'' I have had with this TV is that I still use an antenna for recieving my channels, and it''s an old antenna, and that is why my picture quality isn''t great. To get the best out of this TV, hitch it up to a SKY Box, Virgin Media Box for cable users, OR, purchase a new, more expensive Digital aerial which can recieve channel frequencies in far better frequency. The only real issue which I find a little annoying is its low Hz technology - it just means that fast-paced action is not as sharp as real footy or cinema fans might like. For me though, it is absolutely fine, and if you want quicker Frames Per Second, go for the W-Series of this TV, a bit more expensive but entirely depends on personal choice and viewing preference. Apart from this little haggle, it has everything I could possibly ask for in a TV, and a lot more. My advice is to go for it if you''re still undecided - it is Full HD, so you don''t need a separate digital box to recieve Freeview. Perfect.
source: http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/p_rupr/Sony-Kdl-32V5500-Tv-Reviews/83848061.html
No comments:
Post a Comment